The healthcare landscape is changing rapidly with new and exciting innovations in healthcare information technology, advances in personalized treatments, precision medicine, medical devices/diagnostics. Each of these areas are converging to deliver improved clinical outcomes for patients. The Capitol Bridge team stays at the forefront of these dynamic changes in healthcare via an expert panel of scientific advisors who are leaders in various aspects of the healthcare ecosystem, including pharmaceutical drug, medical device/diagnostic development, genomics and precision medicine, CLIA laboratory testing, patient engagement,care coordination, and healthcare IT interoperability. We offer expert service to our clients in the following areas:
Genomics and Bioinformatics
- Design and execution of genomic studies (single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) genotyping, DNA methylation and RNA expression profiling, assay development using human, animal, or microbiome samples).
- Bioinformatic data analysis support including development of de novo analysis pathways for interpreting (next-generation sequencing) NGS data using advanced statistical methods, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
CLIA/CAP and non-CLIA laboratory testing and analysis
- Access to (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments) CLIA and (College of American Pathologists) CAP accredited laboratory testing services for NGS and non-NGS applications.
- Chemical and biochemical analysis of human blood, urine, or saliva samples for routine drug testing of drugs such as cocaine, methamphetamines, marijuana, opioids, ecstasy, barbiturates, and benzodiazepines as well as alcohol and anabolic steroids.
Healthcare IT Interoperability & Patient Care Coordination
- SMART on FHIR integration of health mobile applications into commonly used EHR systems (such as EPIC, Cerner, and AllScripts).
- Design and implementation of patient care coordination strategy for healthcare systems and large medical practices.
Tshaka Cunningham, Ph.D. (confirmed). (CHAIR)
Dr. Tshaka Cunningham is a molecular biologist and genomics expert who has over 25 years of experience in basic and translational research in academia and the pharmaceutical & biotechnology industry. He is the co-founder and Chief Scientific Officer of TruGenomix Inc., an emerging precision genomics biotechnology company that is harnessing the power of genomics to improve risk prediction and diagnosis of PTSD. He recently served as the Associate Director of Scientific Collaboration for DIA where he coordinated the DIA Communities Program which provides a neutral forum and online platform where experts from across the spectrum of diverse disciplines within the healthcare ecosystem can convene to discuss prominent issues and solutions.
Dr. Luisel Ricks-Santi. (confirmed) (member)
Dr. Luisel Ricks-Santi is an establish oncology and genomics researcher who runs the Hampton University Cancer Center in Hampton, VA. Dr. Ricks-Santi is also the co-founder and CEO of Our Connected Health LLC (OCH), an emerging biotechnology services company integrating culturally congruent genetic information into patient care. Her long track record of research focuses on reducing cancer disparities through research on biomarkers of cancer diagnosis, prognosis, survival outcomes and targeted therapies using genetic epidemiological and biostatistical techniques. She earned her B.A. in Molecular Biology from Hampton University and her Ph.D. in Tumor Biology from Georgetown University.
Milton L. Brown, MD, Ph.D ) (member)
Dr. Milton Brown is the director of the Inova Center for Drug Discovery and Development and as deputy director for Drug Discovery for the Inova Schar Cancer Institute (ISCI), in Fairfax, VA. Dr. Brown is a physician scientist who has expertise in the design, synthesis, and evaluation of new drugs and is one of only a handful of physician scientists in the United States who hold a PhD in synthetic chemistry and an MD.
Rick Freeman currently serves as President and Chief Executive Officer of Interopion, one of the most recognizable and well respected companies offering solutions to Healthcare IT application and data interoperability. A true healthcare visionary, Rick is a founding member of the Healthcare Services Platform Consortium (HSPC) and has worked with national and international stakeholders to support an open application.